WHO WE ARE
A small-but-mighty virtual marketing firm with team members spread from Chicago to Ohio to Michigan to Arkansas. We execute branding, marketing strategies and niche projects for (mostly) B2B clients clustered in areas like manufacturing, industrial tech, professional services, family businesses, niche start-ups, etc. Our focus is on brand and storytelling via digital and the free/earned media side of the biz; web, content marketing, media relations, event marketing, nurture, social, marketing automation, etc. We serve as the outsourced marketing department for many of our clients – developing brands, strategies and plans then sticking around to handle all aspects of execution.
Our brand promise is to “Be curious. Be inspired. Be BOLD.” We are inquisitive types who get to know all aspects of our clients’ businesses, not just their marketing, and then find the smartest solutions to complex marketing opportunities. We believe it takes a village to create the best work so we encourage and support professional meddling knowing great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of role, responsibilities or experience level.
WHO YOU ARE: MARKETING WRITER
You are a chameleon that can be the voice of a steel company one day and an accounting firm the next. You can boil it down to a 250-word blog post or go deep into the nitty-gritty of a long-format piece. You still believe content is king, and aren’t intimidated to tackle web content, e-communications, media relations, nurture campaigns, social streams, video scripts and so much more. You collaborate with graphic designers, web developers, video crews, etc. to tell stories visually as well as verbally. This part of your brilliance involves researching, interviewing, concepting as part of a creative team, writing, presenting, re-writing, editing, polishing, etc.
Start with us on a few projects to see if how we work fits how you work. These are paid opportunities that can be tackled as your side hustle or with us as your new (and soon to be favorite!) client if you are already freelancing. Full disclosure: This is the hardest position for us to fill at ODEA and we’re not easy to please. We really want this to be a good fit for us and for you and we’re flexible as to what that looks like long-term.
- White paper nor blank screen intimidate you! You are an exceptional writer across a wide variety of clients and channels. You can concept as part of a creative team but also still need to feel the rush of actually “doing” too.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – written, verbal, charades, smoke signals.
- Able to function well in a fast-paced, deadline-rich environment under tight timetables (and still make us laugh!)
- Most of all – Curious about the businesses that our clients entrust with us to help them build. Inspired by that trust to do amazing work that leaves behind the “beige” marketing that’s all too common in B2B and pushes us to Be BOLD.
- Experience – Whatever path you have taken that you believe instilled in you the skills we need. You might be a former journalist who has crossed over to marketing, bringing with you mad interview skills and the knowledge of how to stack a story. Or a frustrated writer at a big agency who is tired of being boxed into just one client. Or a freelancer/consultant looking to join a team of people just as dedicated as you. How you got here isn’t as important to us as how you intend to help us get to where we’re going. (Which, by the way, is gonna be pretty amazing.)
Intrigued? Introduce yourself by sending writing samples, a resume and anything else that will dazzle us to [email protected].